Robin Henderson, PsyD, Clinical Liaison
As Well Being Trust’s Clinical Liaison, Robin Henderson, PsyD, provides clinical oversight for the Trust’s investments and programming, to ensure they advance key opportunities to improve the mental, social and spiritual health of the nation.
Robin also serves as Chief Executive, Behavioral Health for Providence Medical Group in Oregon. In this role, Robin promotes a consistent model of care for people in need of behavioral health services across the entire health system, with special focus on the main access points for care—primary care, the emergency department and the general hospital. Robin works closely with the health plan to align benefits to support population healthcare needs, and is focusing efforts on aligning Providence’s vast resources to integrate behavioral health throughout the communities they serve.
Robin has a PsyD from George Fox University and a post-doc in integrated health psychology. She serves an array of volunteer leadership roles, including the Oregon Health Authority’s Behavioral Health Collaborative, the Acute Children’s Services Committee, USDOJ’s Standards Advisory Committee, and as President of National Alliance of Mental Illness in Oregon, among many more.
Robin is a seasoned spokesperson who is routinely called upon for insights about social media use, teens and bullying as well as Medicaid and community development, including among print media—such as The Oregonian—and television, including Oregon’s KGW and KATU2.
Areas of Expertise
- Design, implementation and operations of acute psychiatric facilities for children, adolescents, adults and seniors
- Integrated Behavioral Health in physical health settings including primary care, specialty care and hospitals
- Medicaid/Coordinated Care Organizations, including community development around the social determinants of health
- Adolescent mental health and substance use disorders
- Native American psychological evaluation and treatment
- Forensic evaluation and treatment planning for parental custody cases involving abuse, neglect and substance use issues
Recent Media Exposure
To arrange an interview with Robin Henderson, PsyD, please contact Karen Saverino at firstname.lastname@example.org / 202-464-6505.