Well Being Trust
Well Being Trust is a new national foundation dedicated to advancing the mental, social and spiritual health of the nation.
Created to catalyze innovative solutions that measurably improve outcomes on the most critical mental health and wellness challenges facing America, Well Being Trust serves as a platform for engaging organizations across sectors and perspectives in both collective action and distributed leadership. By applying a social movement approach, Well Being Trust will invest in clinical and community transformation initiatives, advocate for healthy public policy at all levels, drive compelling communications and social engagement campaigns, and grow the evidence base for what works to improve human and community wellbeing.
Guided by a national advisory council chaired by Maureen Bisognano, and Chief Executive Tyler Norris, Well Being Trust serves to:
- Ease access to care and to the determinants of well-being
- Build resilience in children, teens and families
- Reduce suffering from depression, anxiety and social isolation
- Decrease addiction and substance use, while promoting recovery
- Create hope for people and families living with serious and persistent mental illness
- Eliminate stigma everywhere, and grow a culture of well-being in healthy, equitable, resilient communities
When Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health came together to form Providence St. Joseph Health in July 2016, the combined new organization made a commitment to mental health and wellness, funding Well Being Trust (initially known as the Institute for Mental Health and Wellness) as a 501(c)(3) public charity with an initial seed endowment of $100 million, and an additional $30 million to be invested in California over 2017-2019.
At this time, Well Being Trust is not accepting unsolicited applications for funding.